We are committed to engaging with our stakeholders in a respectful manner and to building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with them.
Our stakeholders include, but are not limited to, our customers, investors, banks, security analysts, our personnel, landowners, communities, public authorities, policy makers and regulators, as well as the individuals and organizations with whom we work to prepare for and respond to emergencies. The manner in which we engage with stakeholders is governed by our Code of Conduct, the fundamentals of which are integrity, honesty, dedication, accountability and respect. While building and operating infrastructure, we are committed to respecting landowners and communities, maintaining safe operations and promoting environmental stewardship.
Enterprise Products has leadership roles in over two dozen key state and federal associations. We are able to coordinate advocacy and participate in key industry issues, including environmental and safety initiatives, pipeline security, and best practices involving pipeline construction and engagement with landowners and Native Americans.
Enterprise Supports the Communities in which We Work
Over $50 million of investment and financial commitments from 2015 to April 2019 went towards...
(Click here to learn more)
Our steps towards successful engagement during construction
In Texas, where we have been constructing the majority of our new assets, Enterprise executives are leading the effort through Texas Oil & Gas Association and the Texas Pipeline Association by advocating the processes we use are understood and adopted by other operators as needed.
Our process has been successful in allowing us to complete projects safely, on time and in an environmentally responsible manner. For example, it is our practice to train our contract right-of-way agents prior to their contacting landowners to ensure they follow the Enterprise principles. We also keep public officials, policy makers and regulators, as appropriate, apprised of new construction projects. In addition to providing the scope, purpose and benefit of new and proposed initiatives, we communicate the steps involved in construction, operation and maintenance of assets. To that end, we strive to reach right-of-way acquisition agreements with landowners by compensating them fairly and negotiating in good faith, and with honesty, fairness and respect.
Strengthening local relationships
As mentioned, our connection with local communities goes far beyond financial contributions. An area in which we're passionate here at Enterprise, is supporting local educational programs and youth support.
- Cristo Rey Jesuit (CRJ) Work Study Program - is a secondary school where students help pay their tuition through a work-study program. CRJ offers a rigorous college prep education to students from low-income families in the Houston area, including participation in the work-study program with corporate partners. We host four students one day per week during the school year. Each student is assigned an Enterprise mentor and rotates among departments to optimize exposure to the workplace.
- Lee College, Baytown, Texas - We award four dual enrollment scholarships per year to high school students taking college credit courses. Enterprise provides up to $20,000 per year in scholarships to qualifying college students, and internships to students focusing on technology and industrial systems.
- Nichols State University, Thibodaux, Louisiana - Each year, we provide internship opportunities for a student in Nichols’ maritime program, frequently providing speakers and presentations to their maritime and MBA students.
- Bluebonnet Youth Ranch Christmas - The Bluebonnet Youth Ranch (BYR), located in Yoakum, Texas, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that that serves as a long-term residential home for dependent, abused and neglected children. At Christmas, Enterprise employees can sponsor a child or provide donations to resident parents.
- Next Op - recruits, trains, and places high-performing, middle-enlisted military leaders into industry careers. Enterprise provides volunteers to assist in resume writing, mock interviews and LinkedIn profile development.
Over $50 million 2020欧洲杯体育足球官网of investment and financial commitments from 2015 to April 2019 went towards causes that Enterprise is passionate about. Our financial contributions are only a part of our story in maintaining relationships in local communities in which we operate and our personnel live.
2020欧洲杯体育足球官网Some examples include:
Enterprise has contributed approximately $10 million to the areas surrounding Mont Belvieu, Texas since 2015. The contributions have gone towards economic development, education, or community outreach including local charitable contributions.
Community Development:2020欧洲杯体育足球官网 Enterprise partnered with with the Yoakum Hospital District in Lavaca County, Texas to fund a new medical professional building to attract new physicians to the community. Contributions totaling $6 million will be made over a ten year period. Enterprise is committed to enriching the areas in which we operate for the benefit our personnel, their families, and their neighbors.
Education: Enterprise has been supporting the British American Foundation of Texas (BAFTX) since 2006 through scholarships and other contribution. The BAFTX scholarships are gifted to students of low income youth in Texas to provide opportunities to excel in Texas or through global education.